On 02-06-2020 21:34, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 02/06/2020 16:11, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
Maybe it is better if CURRENT_TIME doesn't use the named zone, but
instead always uses an offset based value.

I'm not sure it is. This would create other inconsistencies
(cast(current_timestamp as time with time zone) <> current_time).

There is no problem with a time with zone, the problem is when one uses
it to do things that depends on a date, like you did here.

Documentation should be improved for this case too.

This essentially means that

select * from atable where sometimecolumn > current_time;

will yield different results when the time zone is 'Europe/Amsterdam' than it does when the time zone is UTC. I think that is extremely confusing, and not acceptable.

Mark Rotteveel