On 11-05-2021 18:34, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
11.05.2021 18:10, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
It doesn't explain why

  Ah, now I get it. The function doesn't hash anything itself, this parameter just inform it which kind of hash it has on input and thus it must match the hash function used for message. I.e. you cannot write RSA_HASH_SIGN(SHA256(message) HASH MD5), such signature will be invalid, you have to write RSA_HASH_SIGN(SHA256(message) HASH SHA256).

As far as I understand PSS, it will hash the message-hash + a generated salt (+ maybe some more operations), and the sign the result.

Mark Rotteveel