On 2021-05-11 21:09, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
11.05.2021 18:42, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
As far as I understand PSS, it will hash the message-hash + a generated salt (+ maybe some more operations)

  I see no hash operation in the PSS white paper, only some bit mixing
with salt.

I assume the G in that paper is a hash function. Otherwise the TomCrypt documentation doesn't make sense to me: "The hash_idx parameter indicates which hash will be used to create the PSS encoding.", and it also seems to match what happens in https://github.com/libtom/libtomcrypt/blob/master/src/pk/pkcs1/pkcs_1_pss_encode.c (lines 93 and on), which is called from rsa_sign_hash.