Hi all,

Today, I have committed Martin's translations of the Docwriters' Guide, the
Non-Western Fonts Guide and the VPN Howto to CVS (trunk and B_Release branch).

The HTML and PDF versions are at
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/reference-manuals/, under "Manuals for Firebird
Docwriters".

BTW, I noticed that some PDF bookmarks contain long rows of spaces, e.g.
"Vorbereitung aufs Schreiben:
Erstellung eines           Abrisses!" in the Docwriting-Anleitung.

The problem is not with the DocBook XML sources. The titles in the source do
contain rows of (indentation) spaces sometimes, but mostly in other places than
in the PDF. It seems that FOP retains the spaces in the .fo file while creating
the bookmarks, but not while creating the titles in the document body.

The funny thing is: I can't remember ever having seen this before, and I've
been using the same FOP version for years. So I don't understand what has
changed.

We should probably be able to solve this through the fo transformation
stylesheets (by making sure that no line-wrapping occurs in bookmark-title
elements). But (you guessed it) I don't have time for this. Meanwhile, anybody
who builds a PDF and is *really* annoyed by this new feature can tweak the .fo
(just remove the newline and indentation spaces; the bookmarks are near the top
of the file) and then build fo2pdf.

Cheers,
Paul Vinkenoog