> > The DPB for embedded on Windows doesn't expect a username and password,
Jiri.

> AFAIK, embedded server will simply ignore it. You're able to login
> with any username/password.
>
> The empty login and password as signal to try trusted auth is taken
> from standard FB tools. For now the trusted auth isn't done on
> embedded (I haven't tested whether it works), but I think that (if it
> works) it must be handled. Because you can have permissions on
> database objects applied to domain logins. Thus if you don't wanna to
> fall into trusted auth, you have to specify some username (I think
> sysdba will be ok ;)).
>
> That's the reason why it works like it works right now.

That seems backwards to me, though. Shouldn't you have to do "something" to
get it to try trusted auth? I mean, my code for embedded looks basically the
same as Paul's, and I would assume that even were trusted auth to be
implemented, I wouldn't be using it.

I would suggest a new property in FbConnectionStringBuilder to explicitly
turn trusted auth on would be the way to go, otherwise it would just use
whatever it used before? You don't want to change the behaviour of
currently-working code for no good reason, I think.

So you'd have to set fbcs.TrustedAuth = true; in order to get trusted auth -
whether in embedded or server...

Dean.