> Conclusion:
> * For a server, no change at all.
> * For embedded
>   - if you're using some username, you're good (no matter whether the
> username is here for easy switch to normal server, to apply some
> specific database objects privileges or by accident)
>  - if not, you simply add sysdba username only into app.config, and you're
done

The only problem from my point of view is that our connection string is
hard-coded in the app, not in the app.config (our use of firebird is
"hidden" as it were). So we'd have to change the code to set a dummy user.

I guess, though, as you say if trusted auth were implemented properly in the
provider for embedded server, it's probably not going to make a difference,
since we don't actually make use of permissions in our database anyway (and
I wouldn't expect anybody who uses a blank username currently would be using
permissions).

So I guess it's only because trusted auth is not currently implemented in
the provider for embedded server that there is even a problem.

Dean.