Hi Mario,

On 12/22/2011 10:17 AM, mariuz wrote:

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:54:08AM -0500, Mario Lacunza wrote:
> Hello Mariuz,
> Im corious for what reasons you think GIT is better? I work with SVN
> most of my projects but I want test GIT, so will be very appreciated
> your comments.

Some of the arguments are presented here (yes even php is switching to git from an cvs->svn transition (they have lost a lot of time with svn migration and now finally doing the right thing))
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/dvcs
And more http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/

And you can see other projects that are using git
http://git-scm.com/

I have switched over from CVS to SVN years ago and earlier this year I switched to hg (only reason is that the project I needed to work on was on hg) and for my little projects it is absolutely great.

With DVCS you have much more flexibility, branching, sub-repo, clone, merge are I think a lot better then what SVN offers.

Here some more links to read.
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/DVCSAnalysis
http://hginit.com/
http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/

I would experiment with both hg and git and see which fits best for your way of working, I am pretty sure that either of them are better for you then SVN.

Werner