I don't need main thread to be responsive, I want to read the data as soon
as possible. It's possible to control the tracing from command line or
another application, or I can use multiprocessing module to help.

How to do that? How to get data before trace has stopped?

It's probably possible to pipe the output of fbtracemgr to Python program,
but I'm still interested how to do it with plain Python program.