Hello, Tupy...!

Tn> Dear Friends,

Tn> We have a table with 60 rows where a not null type SmallInt column has 0
(zero) as content.
Tn> When restoring, GBak returns null for this column. As this column
Tn> is not null, we get an error message (Error: Validation error for column
.....).

Tn> Between these two steps (backup and restore), no further action is done
with the backup file.

Tn> I ask you = What can cause this problem? Is there any solution
Tn> for this? Any idea about this problem?

1. somebody altered column to not null default 0 while column had null data
2. somebody added column not null default 0.

solution - update that column to 0 like this
update table
set field = 0

p.s. gbak backups data, it does not check correspondence of data and
constraints. If it is broken (somehow, by db corruption or by actions
I mentioned), restore will show that column data does not correspond
to it's check.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com