Em 25/6/2013 16:23, Tupy... nambá escreveu:

> Dear Friends,
>
> We have a strange problem with GBak. We make a backup with gbak and then a
> restore, also with the same.
>
> We have a table with 60 rows where a not null type SmallInt column has 0
> (zero) as content.
>
> When restoring, GBak returns null for this column. As this column is not
> null, we get an error message (Error: Validation error for column .....).
>
> Between these two steps (backup and restore), no further action is done with
> the backup file.
>
> I ask you = What can cause this problem? Is there any solution for this? Any
> idea about this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Roberto Camargo,
> Rio de Janeiro / Brasil

Did the null/not null constraint was applied after the table has some rows ?

IIRC there is something regarding NULL stored and the column be changed
to NOT NULL with a DEFAULT, and so FB will return the DEFAULT value to
NOT NULL columns that in fact is NULL.

I suggest you to do:
update MyTable set MyColumn = 0 where MyColumn is null or MyColumn = 0;
commit;

and then perform a new back-up/restore cycle.

see you !