At 08:02 a.m. 3/01/2014, bandersn...@gmail.com wrote:

>My PC was changed to Windows 7 64-bit.  And I'm back in the same hole...
>
>My Environment:
>
>    * Client PC is Windows 7 64-bit
>    * Client code is Perl 64-bit
>    * ODBC FB Driver 2.0.2 64-bit dated 7/8/2013
>I loaded the ODBC Driver, and its listed in ODBC Data Source Administrator.
>The drivers tab shows "Firebird/Interbas e(d) driver" and ODBCFB.DLL as the
>file.
>
>I checked and this file is in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64.  When I
>run the script I get the "library 'gds32.dll' failed to load" error.  I tried
>making a copy of odbcfb.dll and renaming it to gds32.dll and fbclient.dll and
>it causes the Perl client to crash when it tries to connect.

Of course.  The odbcfb.dll is part of the *ODBC* driver layer, not a substitute
for the Firebird API library.  Of course it's going to crash.

>It's got to be the driv er or something about the driver file name.  I had
>this working perfectly before and the only thing that's changed is the 64-bit
>Windows and Perl.
>

>I thought that if you had a 64-bit client then you needed the 64-bit ODBC
>driver....

Yes; AND the 64-bit API library.  On your 64-bit client machine, delete all
occurrences of fbclient.dll and gds32.dll.  If you absolutely MUST have the API
library named as gds32.dll then generate it properly on a 64-bit box where the
64-bit tools are installed, using instclient.exe.  But whether it's called
fbclient.dll or gds32.dll, the API library must be the 64-bit version in order
to work with a 64-bit client app and the 64-bit odbc layer.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net