On 2-1-2014 20:02, bandersn...@gmail.com wrote:
> My PC was changed to Windows 7 64-bit.  And I'm back in the same hole...
>
> My Environment:
>
>   * Client PC is Windows 7 64-bit
>   * Client code is Perl 64-bit
>   * ODBC FB Driver 2.0.2 64-bit dated 7/8/2013
>
> I loaded the ODBC Driver, and its listed in ODBC Data Source
> Administrator.  The drivers tab shows "Firebird/Interbas e(d) driver"
> and ODBCFB.DLL as the file.
>
> I checked and this file is in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64.
>   When I run the script I get the "library 'gds32.dll' failed to load"
> error.  I tried making a copy of odbcfb.dll and renaming it to gds32.dll
> and fbclient.dll and it causes the Perl client to crash when it tries to
> connect.

Contrary to what you might expect from the names, System32 contains the
*64 bit* libraries and SysWOW64 the *32 bit*, if you mix that up things
won't work. Also make sure you are using the right ODBC Administrator;
the odbcad32.exe in System32 is *64 bit*, the one in SysWOW64 is *32 bit*.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel