On 10-5-2018 12:12, 'Primoz  Jenko' primoz.je...@domplan.si
[firebird-support] wrote:

> Hi, Mark,
>
> thank you very much for detailed questions!
>
> Answers are:
>
> -WIN 10 is only on client
>
> -We have tried both: embeded and locall – nothing was working
>
> -FB runs as service
>
> -We wil try to run it as application
>
> -FB process is working, we have verify it – we see it running
>
> -With command netstat we do not see 3050 port in a list,
>
> When we restore WIN to a 1709, port is visible again

That makes no sense, if this is just a client (as you mentioned in
another post), then Firebird shouldn't even be installed and running on
the client. The only machine where Firebird should be listening on port
3050, is the server hosting the Firebird server.

> We add port 3050 into firewall but it is not visible in a list (problem
> might be with port 3050 and firewall configuration?)
>
>                  WIN does not listen to port 3050 data through, even it
> is configured in firewall
>
> Does any one have any idea what to do?

What is the connection string that you are using? I know Windows 10 1803
made some changes in its networking, so maybe that prevents WNET
connections from working? This a guess, I'm not sure though, I always
use TCP/IP connections.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel