Thank you to be involved into discussion.

But i am still oposite. Example do not required any unique description.
Example is not less/more than only shortcut to description. It is introduction
to description.
Description can talk about example or will be totally unreleated.

But example is comparable to sentence „one image is better than thousand of
words”.

If i understand correctly this „Introducing Firebird Butler”.
I better see this not as something „blown” and based on something external to
Firebird.
If i can propose somthing in this matter, then maybe Firebird engine should
have some additional listen port.
On that port firebird listen on incomming traffic in simple REST messaging like
JSON.
On Firebird side we can declare some specific trigger which can consume such
JSON or whatever.

But if we think about services build for Firebird than, think how simple is to
write e.g. Windows Service in Delphi.
How easy is to write and PROTECT! REST service in Delphi. Do you suppose that
someone will be build such service in this „Introducing Firebird Butler”?
Are you sure that someone will be reading virtual documentation without seeing
simple example at start?
Without knowing anything about benefits compared to simple Windows Service or
REST service?

If you or someone can show me (and maybe others are also interested) any real
benefit, example, than i am more than interested in this.
And i am not only interested in using it, but i then can offer time to
implement something.

But without real introduction i will stay with REST/Windows services based on
Delphi.
Thay work for me for e.g. IOT with big traffic and any problems.

regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski
  • [firebi... Pavel Cisar pci...@ibphoenix.cz [firebird-support]
    • OD... Karol Bieniaszewski liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]