Hi,

Dne 31. 01. 19 v 21:05 blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com
[firebird-support] napsal(a):

>   Has anyone considered using ZeroC's Ice Framework?

Ice is classic RPC framework with all its limits and drawbacks. We think
that RPC is wrong abstraction model to create dynamic heterogeneous
systems. The abstraction model of our choice is pure message passing
between "objects" (services), not interfaces, hence the reason we chose
ZeroMQ.

>   It appears to be a much more finished product with better diocumentation
> than ZeroMQ and is completely Open Source...

ZeroMQ is not less "finished" than Ice, it's also open source and
documentation is quite solid (although not that fancy). The differences
is "quality" you percept are caused by fact that Ice is "corporate open
source", while ZeroMQ is "community open source". In this regard you
could say that MySQL is more finished product with better documentation
than Firebird.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix