On 22/02/2019 04:33, my...@techsol.org [firebird-support] wrote:
>  >Given that this table is "temporary" storage, one supposes that you
> are deleting rows from it regularly. Do you happen to be deleting
> 900,000 rows each day before you load up the latest batch of 900,000?

How much information is static between cycles? Does all the data NEED to
be in the one table? Can you re-configure so that this action becomes
'add new table' ... 'drop old table' ... which will be a lot tidier anyway.

I had a system loading a previous days actions which initially just kept
adding and keeping history, and with a more modern processor and SSD
disk we would probably get away with it today ;) But back then it got to
a point where the table was too big, and we dropped to just maintaining
a months worth live with every day in it's own table and only the
summary tables maintaining the historic counts. All the historic data is
still available and if there was a need it might be interesting to put
it all back together into one table ... if I could get past the 'data
protection' restrictions :( I am actually expecting a request to make
sure it is all destroyed but it's not directly identifying people from
20 years ago.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------