Thanks Mark.  The nightly load process is triggered by the availability of the
source CSV file that is provided by a 3rd party, and we don't have that much
control over when this is produced.  It is one of those things that the second
we get to access it, then the database has to begin the kill & fill load
process.  By the time it is finished, there isn't enough of a time window
available afterwards to do a backup at that time before the users begin their
work each day.

 However your last point might be the most viable.  There are some stored
procedures that depend on the table, however they could be dropped first, then
the table dropped and then we recreate the stored procedures afterwards.  That
would be a viable solution in my mind.  If this means it won't force garbage
collection, it may be the best option.  I'll see if I can create some scripts
to do that and test it.

 Thanks for the input.

 Myles
  • [firebi... my...@techsol.org [firebird-support]