> Is there any way to secure the FDB file from unauthorized access (other than
> compression and encryption, which I am starting to implement in my project)
> and if not, is there expected to be at least password protection for the
> Embedded edition in Firebird 4.0?

Password protection does assume the database file stored out of reach of
illegitimate users. Legitimate server admin can always access database.

Encryption is the only method to make illegitimate access to database
content more difficult - its not really impossible if you have to store
encryption keys within your application.

Elmar
  • [firebi... Steve Naidamast blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com [firebird-support]
    • Re... Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]
    • Re... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]