On 2019-12-18 16:30, Steve Naidamast blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Is there any way to secure the FDB file from unauthorized access
> (other than compression and encryption, which I am starting to
> implement in my project) and if not, is there expected to be at least
> password protection for the Embedded edition in Firebird 4.0?

If you don't want a user to access a database, then use file system
permission to prevent the user from opening the database. Otherwise, you
should use Firebird server instead.

Firebird 4 Embedded works the same as Firebird 3 Embedded, so there
won't be password protection for Embedded in that version.

Mark
  • [firebi... Steve Naidamast blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com [firebird-support]
    • Re... Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]
    • Re... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]