Well, you are right...

The new FireFox developer tools are a real pain in the ass, compared to
good old FireBug. :(

So I will switch to Chrome for developmet.

Whose developer tools are 95%+ like good old FireBug.

Plus some goodies.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/2b61655d-26ba-494e-a8ad-abf535e201b3%40googlegroups.com.