I just realized my information might be misleading. To clarify, the Firebug
button is still there even when the multiprocess functionality is enabled.
Though, instead of opening Firebug, it opens the Firefox DevTools with a
Firebug theme.

Having said that, the *Inspect Element with Firebug* option should be hidden
<https://github.com/firebug/firebug/commit/8c0f43d827a3b7e732a253757390af1ceb68d2b4>

in Firebug 2.0.19 when the multiprocess feature is enabled. It it looks
like it is somehow not enabled for you even with the aforementioned
preference set to true.

Btw. it is normal that the status of that preference says *user set*. User
set actually means "changed", because Mozilla is switching that preference
gradually for more and more users with every release. I.e. the default
value is still false, though it gets set to true by browser updates.

Sebastian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/42e93b71-b217-4421-b45b-d4666e2af8c3%40googlegroups.com.