On another PC I can reproduce this issue. Reading through
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis I saw that some add-ons (like
Firebug) may deactivate the multiprocess feature automatically. That page
says that you can force-enable multiprocess Firefox by adding the
preference browser.tabs.remote.autostart and setting it to true. There's a
warning, though, that this is not encouraged, but that warning dates back a
year, so conditions may have changed already.
Setting it to true worked for me, at least.

Sebastian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/7b348a7f-23ce-4770-bc19-f71c60896f06%40googlegroups.com.