As Erik and I wrote earlier, the development of Firebug is discontinued and
it stops working completely in Firefox 57 (released on 2017-11-14), so it's
time
to say goodbye to Firebug
<https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/10/saying-goodbye-to-firebug/>.

The suggested solution is to use the Firefox DevTools
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools> instead. For everyone
unfamiliar with them, there's a migration guide for Firebug users
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Migrating_from_Firebug>.
Missing a feature Firebug had? They are listed in Bugzilla (the Mozilla
issue reporter)
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=991806&hide_resolved=1>.

The feature you're missing is not listed there? File a new bug report and
mark it as blocker for bug 991806
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=__default__&product=Firefox&blocked=991806>
.

Sebastian