I am using Mandrake 9.0 my kernel is 2.4.19-24mdk. I'm using iptables. My Mandrake box connects to the internet through ppp0 connection to Windows ME is through a hub using eth0. I downloaded the script from asgardsrealm.net I made the edits to the firewall.conf and placed it in saved it to /etc/firewall.conf. The firewall script was copied to /etc/init.d as per instructions that came with the packet. I can ping the ME box using either name or IP address and vice versa. The ME box still cannot access the internet nor ping an external location. My husband is getting very frustrated. The ip_forward file is set to 1. FORWARD_IPV4=true. For some reason, my gateway keeps getting set to 0.0.0.0 when my gateway should be dynamic based on what my isp gives me when I am connected. What else do I need to do to get this working.

Kathy