Dear Pedro,

Roman & Littlefield is coming out with a volume along those lines
entitled "Beyond Mechanism"
<http://www.academia.edu/1141907/Beyond_Mechanism_Putting_Life_Back_Into_Biology>

As for our Chinese colleagues, I find them more open to non-mechanical
scenarios than are anglophones. All three of my books are being
translated into Chinese. The first one, "Growth and Development:
Ecosystems Phenomenology" has already been published.

The best to all,
Bob