On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 19:11:23 +0800 (WST), David Adam wrote:

> fish is working fine compiled against glibc 2.11.3 here, and it
> builds in versions maverick to quantal against the version of glibc
> in the Ubuntu archives for that version.
>
> The package on ridculousfish's webpage does require 2.15, but that's
> only because it's built against that version.

Thank you for the only reply...

I thought about what you said and that's right: once I compiled fish again, now
with glibc 2.13, it worked fine. Everything is normal again, and I am running
the latest and greatest.

But for pete's sake, someone please issue updated Debian, RPM, Slackware and
whatnot packages to the world. Every time someone installs an old package,
they're likely to get a negative impression and dismiss it forever.

--
Luciano ES