I just updated fish from the Debian Jessie repository.
Now, everytime I hit arrow up to search the history, I get this:

luc[11580-0]/> commandline: Unknown option \u201c--paging-mode\u201d
/usr/share/fish/functions/up-or-search.fish (line 9):   if commandline
--paging-mode
                                                              ^
in function \u201cup-or-search\u201d,
        called on standard input,

       commandline -- set or get the current command line buffer

   Synopsis
       commandline [OPTIONS] [CMD]

commandline: Type \u201chelp commandline\u201d for related documentation

(The ^ error mark sits right under "commandline" in case you're
not viewing this with a fixed size font.)

What happened?

--
Luciano ES