Hi Guys!

I’m on my long way to get Fish properly ported to Haiku. I’ve already did some
efforts, we have an working recipe [1], but i’m not really happy yet. So i have
the following problems to solve:

- The latest (2.4.0) Fish hangs sometimes if i press Ctrl-C in Terminal. One
CPU load goes high and i need to kill the Fish instance to get everything back
to normal. Have you seen anything like this on other platform?

- The fish_config script trying to create the /boot/home/config/cache/fish
folder, but cannot handle the situation if this folder already there. I get
just a traceback, so i need to delete this folder every time if i try to start
the web interface. Error : [2]

- The fish_update_completions cannot find something, i get a python traceback,
complaining about “No such file or directory”. Any idea, what it trying to do?
Error: [3]

- At starting Fish i get the following text 2 times:
        "socket: Address family not supported by protocol family"
I already created a bugreport about it on the github page. [4] There is no
en0/eth0 on Haiku. Is there any way to fix this?

- My patch extending the open.fish script with the Haiku’s open case, however
it isn’t required. Where can i define, that this aren’t required on Haiku?

- Is this latest release "LastC++03” an official one? Have not seen any info
about it.

- Posted the configure output [5] and the config.h [6] too.

Thanks Guys and keep up this good work!

Best Regards,
— miqlas

[1] :