This message is from: "Skeels, Mark A \(GE Healthcare\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 I would have to agree with the below comment, however I do think a
video on the evaluation process, what prep, steps, views, all that other
stuff that goes with evaluations would be a great tool to have in
preparing for an evaluation, even if the virtual evaluation process
doesn't work.

I'm not talking a camera set in a corner watching someone do an
evaluation, but rather, an evaluator, explaining everything, maybe with
the use of a pointer stick to show good and bad conformation,
positioning, gaits, head types, good legs, bad knees, all the other
stuff, even how to trim the hoves for best stance and hair trimming that
is allowed, that type of thing.  As I said in my earlier post,  I think
some people just don't do the evaluations because of ingnorance and fear
they will maybe look like a fool or do something totally wrong.  I for
one don't have the slightest idea how to show a horse in a evaluation,
I know the pro's actually know how to shove the feet in the sand a
certain way to overcome flaws, etc, yes these same people would probably
use a camera to lie about their horse.    I don't know, maybe evaluators
have people reposition the horse if it looks like they are trying to
beat the system which they wouldn't have the ability to do with a video.

I'm sure if I took one of my horses to an evaluation the horse may get a
lower score because of my lack of knowledge, where someone else that is
into this evaluation stuff big time would get a better score on the same
horse, just because they know what the evaluator is looking for.  I also
agree that a good evaluator should see thru this sort of thing, but
unfortunantly showmanship does make a difference in evaluations too.

Anyhow, I think people would pay maybe $30-60 bucks for a well done
educational dvd on the subject done by a actual evaluator or two.

About 4cents now.  Mark Skeels