This message is from: "lhedelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,
I tried to get on this list a few months ago, and finally gave up.  Suddenly,
I began receiving lots of fun Fjord e-mails.  I'm so glad it finally worked!
I have a 6 year old gelding that we drive and ride.  I've had him since he was
a yearling, and love him to pieces.  He has truly stolen my heart.  My husband
refers to him as our big golden retriever.  He'd rather be with us than the
other horses.
I have a problem that I have been trying to solve for about 6 months.  Last
summer I noticed the tell tale signs of an ill fitting saddle on my boy,
(white hairs a ways back from his shoulders) and have been trying to find a
saddle that fits both him and me.  This is no easy task, as he has about a 22"
back to work with, he's obviously very wide and mutton withered, and I need a
western seat size 14 or 14 1/2".  I have found an english saddle that would
work (the Soltice, by the Arabian Saddle Co.) but I'd really like a western
saddle.  I do lots of trail riding, and would like to show him at our local
WSCA shows for fun, as well.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?  I have
learned so much about saddle fit in the last 6 months.  My poor guy.  He
didn't exhibit any signs of pain or discomfort that other horses might with an
ill fitting saddle.  He has a very high tolerance for pain.  ("What spurs?  I
don't feel anything.")  At this point I have no saddle for him, and summer is
fast approaching.  I hate to have to have a saddle custom made, ($$$)  but I
am getting concerned that I may not have any choice.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Laura