This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everybody from Carol Rivoire currently on working vacation in Aiken, S.C.,
but soon going home to Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia ---

Yes, I'm still staying with friends/customers, Mel & Joanne Goble at their
beautiful Peace and Plenty Farm here in Aiken.  --  I've been having wonderful
driving dressage lessons from some of the best teachers in the world.  --  In
fact, I just got home from a great lesson with Jean Paul Gauthier from France.
And last week, I traveled to Cindy and Mike Bickman's gorgeous Stepping Stone
Farm for a wonderful 2-day clinic with Ben Simonson, the World Singles
Champion from Finland.  ==  He's a marvelous teacher!

Today, Mel & Joanne got in the mail an envelope from the NFHR containing an
order form.  -- On checking out the order form, I was stunned to see that the
NFHR has published a "book" called . . . . .
                                   FJORD HORSE OWNERS HANDBOOK

                                      THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK
   is the book that I wrote 7 years ago, and that is now in its second
printing.

   My book,  THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK.  took me two years to write.  I
agonized over every word and picture.

You can imagine that I am more than a little disturbed to see the NFHR come
out with a "how to book" called something that is almost identical to the title
of my book.

It's obvious that people are going to confuse the two publications, and many
will assume they are getting my book when they order the NFHR's offering.

This is not only confusing, it's downright deceptive to those people seeking
to purchase my book.

I feel I've been shabbily treated in the extreme.

It also seems obvious that the NFHR is seeking to cash in on my book --
Seeking to cash in on the popularity of my book.  Seeking to cash in on the
reviews that it has received  --  Seeking to cash in on the promotion that has
been
paid for by Beaver Dam Farm.

I have today emailed all members of the BOD of NFHR and told them of my hurt
and significant anger.  --  I've requested that they remove from sale all
copies of their impersonating publication.

 I have no objection to their publishing this "book" as long as they give it
another title.

  --  They MUST immediately stop offering this impersonation.  And if they
wish to make it available, they MUST title it totally different from the book I
wrote.

What the NFHR has done is NOT acceptable.

This email is to alert anyone who might think they are buying my book,
THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK from the NFHR for $5.00.  --

My book is available from Beaver Dam Farm.  The price is $36.95 including
shipping.  There are over 200 pages, and 175 photos in the book.  It's in its
second printing.  --

 My book has had excellent reviews by top people in the horse world,
including
Heike Bean who is an ADS judge, clinician. A clinician much in demand all
over the world -- --  She's certified with the German Riding Society and the
German Driving Society.  --  She wrote a very well received book on dressage
training for the driving horse.  --

 Heike Bean has highly praised my book, and said  that my book,
THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK is a "must read" for anyone owning or considering
owning a Fjord."

               The book the NFHR is selling is NOT the book I wrote.

I'm sorry to have to post with something this unpleasant, but the fact is
that the Fjord Digest is the best tool we have for getting the word out on any
subject concerning Fjords.

Regards,  Carol Rivoire