This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When I first got Stella she was 10 and had been a brood mare mostly.  She
wouldn't canter on her own even in the paddock, preferring to trot, had  a
huge trot and raced around with that huge trot.  I started taking lessons
and even my instructor couldn't get her to canter correctly..she would
cross canter.  I started working her in circles, bending and doing a lot of
suppling exercises.  She then was able to canter, altho I never was very
good at getting her into the canter correctly..but my instructor could get
her doing it beautifully.  The bending and suppling and conditioning
work  was very important.

Adel,  who grew up on a mountain in BC her first 2 years, canters
everywhere, amazing agility,  leaping small logs in the filed, handles
slippery slopes,  etc. altho I haven't cantered her under saddle, she won't
have any problem.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska