This message is from: "Laura Kranzusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On a side note, I forgot to mention that at the barn I board at, there is a HUGH prejudice against Fjords. So, yesterday when I lunged my boy, there was a Lippizan being lunged at the same time. The girl lunging the Lippazan made many remarks about how stubborn Fjords are, and how she had never seen one lunged before. Thankfully Bjorn was on his best behaviour and showd her that YES, Fjords CAN be lunged!!

Also a couple of weeks ago, I was riding with some other people on "regular" horses as they call them. Well, I cantered Bjorn, and they were all shocked that he had such a nice collected canter. They didn't think Fjords could canter! He was a lesson horse before I bought him, and didn't have to canter on a dailly basis. I also have been doing bending exercises to work on his headset. Anyway, I was turning pretty tight circles with him, and I was told that Fjords can't turn that tight! In my experience, a horse will turn as tight as he wants to turn.

Do any of you get the prejudice that I get for having a Fjord? It is completely ridicoulus!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: lunging Fjords
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:51:54 -0800

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        I have had some trouble lunging my new Fjord I bought in August.
She was very rusty in her ground manners and the first couple of times
lunging her I was nearly run over, as she turned into me quickly and
seriously. Again I turned to our trainer for some tips, as she is younger
and faster. Also smarter, because she figured out very quickly that the
trouble came at the walk. When you asked Kristi to walk, she assumed she
was done and turned in and stopped, no matter what gesticulations you
were making with your body and whip!
        When the trainer kept her at a trot, Kristi, for the most part,
stayed on her circle and trotted. Problem kind of solved, though I still
feel odd asking a horse to trot right out without walking a bit first.
        Valerie
        Columbia, CT

Laura Kranzusch
http://www.marykay.com/lkranzusch