This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 3/1/2005 6:20:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Brigid,  I especially read your posts on that list..I have been lurking for
awhile.

** *Blush*

I started a little clicker work with Adel a few years back but  my then
instructor didn't like me to use it with her in lessons.

** I don't use it in lessons, but I do when I practice what I  learned.

We  had, I thought, a good relationship before I started doing the
Parelli  stuff with her but when I started waving that orange stick at her
she ran  away from me, wasn't happy, was a totally different horse.

** The pressure can increase pretty quickly with those exercises if you're
not careful, and create a horse who is fearful or who fights back. When I went
through the Level One exercises, I used the clicker and didn't even use the
stick, I just "drove" with the end of the rope. Rafael did not like my
instructor and, even though I have not worked with her for months, he is quite
nervous when she is in the same arena!

So I
haven't done much of that lately but wanted to get back to the  Clicker
training/positive reinforcement with her.

*** As you probably know, there are tons of exercises on _www.clickryder.com_
(http://www.clickryder.com) , all fun and useful  :-).

How's the weather there in Alaska? Is it "breakup time" yet?

/  )_~
/L/L
Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA