This message is from: "starfirefarm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It is interesting that you state the latter [FHI standard] is not used for [NFHR] Evaluations
because I have read in other accounts that it is, whereas you have indicated
it is futuristic.<<

I am curious to know as to why one would think that FHI standards were believed to be currently used by the NFHR evaluators. Every training and education program that addresses evaluations has been under the auspices of the NFHR. The reference material that the NFHR evaluators carry with them is the very same document that you can download yourself from NFHR website.

The FHI judge's handbook is a compelation of documents from the evaluation procedures of several different countries, including the NFHR. In fact, a representative from the NFHR had quite a bit of in put into how the handbook was structured. It was not created in a vacuum, with the NFHR standing on the outside. The NFHR is still quite involved in the process of the continued development of the handbook.

There has been considerable speculation about this on the other list
recently and it seems we have ended up with more questions than answers.<<

I find this curious also. Why speculate? Why not ask someone who is involved?

Beth

--
Starfire Farm
Beth Beymer and Sandy North

"Remember, a horse can tell you a lot of things, if you watch and expect it to be sensible and intelligent." Mary O'Hara - My Friend Flicka