This message is from: "Carole Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Patti, I agree completely.  The list is great.  So friendly and
informative.  I really look forward to everyone's postings. The key to
winter sanity while we are all cooped up and not able to have as much
horse fun.

I was in Appleton WI in November picking up a new fire truck.  WI a nice
state.

I am in Northern WV.  I complain about the weather but it is much better
than what most of the list has to deal with. It is 20ish today. ICY
roads last night and a big snow on its way on Saturday.

I wish I was a Fjord person and hope to be some day.  Right now I am
enjoying training two young Haflingers.  Another great breed.  Let's
hear it for the draft ponies!  I hope to introduce Fjords to this
immediate area because the only entries in the draft pony classes in the
local shows last year were Haflingers. I see one of the list members
drives Haflingers and Fjords together.  I would love to hear more about
that.  Anyway, if I am ever lucky enough to get my career back on track
and buy my Fjord (I already have one picked out so keep your fingers
crossed), I might have a better idea of what to expect thanks to the
good folks on this list! Can't beat the general horse care and training
info either.

Shedding.  I got a little nervous last week when the temps went close to
seventy. Since to tulips and daffodils were trying to come up, I was
afraid the horses would start to shed too soon. No, the little
gingersnap ponies are hanging on to their hair.

Happy training news.  Easter, two y/o Haflinger let me lean all over her
back and I jumped up a couple of times with my hands on her back.  She
side stepped a little but nothing silly.  My dream is to have her ground
driving by April and some mild saddle work by summer.

Thanks good Fjord list people!

Carole in Northern WV

Carole