This message is from: "Pat Holland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I know you all think Patti and I are starting our own community - but I do
have to agree with her. Big time..

I know if someone comes to me looking for a horse for themselves and they
need something calm - or its for their grand children, or they've been hurt
once or twice - or their older, I have a network of certain breeders that I
immediately call. If I have someone looking for a high level show prospect -
I may call on a different person. If I have someone wanting breeding stock,
again it may be an entire different person I call.

There are some very distinct characteristics derived from certain bloodlines
in our Fjord Registry. VERY  DISTINCTIVE.
And to you breeders out there, please keep in mind what your mares and
stallions produce and please, please sell them to buyers conducive to the
horse. No horse is perfect. But each of your breeding practices makes an
impact on the breed. And you need to know what it is your contributing to
the breed.

As Karen McCarthy said - I too wish NFHR could provide the results of the
past few years evaluations for us all. We've all been good little students,
gotten our horse evaluated, I encourage all of my clients with breeding
stock to have them evaluated.
My one Record Book is used so much its tattered. I use it ALL the time.  And
I agree, although its a highly sensitive issue, somehow we need to measure
the disposition better. I know they give scores for disposition in Norway
and Denmark and I believe if I remember correctly, Germany does too. Our
Evaluators say they mark for disposition in the performance tests, but it is
not as clear as it needs to be.

Lastly, I have to take a horse "up north" tomorrow - to you guys with the
feet of snow, ice and what appears like a combination of "Cold Mountain" and
"Dr. Zhivago"   a question - am I going to come back alive?  I guess if its
as bad as you say the worse thing that can happen is I might have to spend a
night with Jude Law or Omar Sharif.  : )

Pat Holland