This message is from: "Linda Lottie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"But we've found they really have to bond with their
owners to do their best. "

I agree, Milli Ann, and see it with my fjords.  My daughter and our mare,
Lena, are a close knit pair.  Lena has a "little attitude" now and then
but immediately goes to work, no matter what, for Miss Anne.  Sven?
Well, I remember when I first got him.  He had been owned by a family for
10 years and they LOVED him so much.  Since he was my first fjord and I
was not totally "into" the mentality of fjords, it took us awhile to
bond.  I had to relearn a few things (he was a kind and patient teacher)
........but, once I figured it all out, we became solid buddies.  We
trust each other and have so much fun together.  That "bond" is a
wonderful dance.

In my experience, I often say, it takes a full year.......going through
all the seasons and many experiences.......to become securely connected
as a team with any horse.  Or, maybe I am just slow :):):)  Whatever,
once that bond is reached........ain't nothin' better!!!

Linda in MN         home with the flu and missin' my horses!

fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com >To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
>Subject: Bloodlines >Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:24:59 -0500 > >This
message is from: "M. Denmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >I now have five
fantastic Fjords down here in Texas.  Two are full brothers, >Loki III
and Zeus, sired by Reinard. Loki is a very hard working and >gorgeous big
boy with lots of stripes on his legs.  He drives single and >double
(4-in-hand in the future I hope) and is doing dressage with his
>trainer.  Zeus (just 3 1/2 yo)just came back from some months with the
>driving trainer, Drew Callahan (he's just wonderful and kind with the
horses >and so talented) and is really doing well to still be so
young.  These are >smart and sane Fjords.  But we've found they really
have to bond with their >owners to do their best.  They do have a strong
will but we heard that came >from their mom's side.  We are surprised
that they have any siblings as none >show on the registry that I've
seen.  I know that Norman doesn't own Reinard >anymore. He told me that
Reinard's sire, HJALMAR 103-A, was the model for >the current NFHR logo.
I'd love to share some pictures. > >And yes Fjords do quite well down
here in Texas--The heat doesn't even help >melt any of the pony fat off.
> >Milli Ann > > >Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:41:21 -0700 >From: Don
Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Subject: Bloodlines > >This message is
from: Don Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >   Anyone else have a Fjord with
these lines?  Osa is out of
>http://www.nfhr.com/ponyweb/ponyweb.cgi?horse=286&HorseName=nina&Page=1&Sort
>=0 >by
>http://www.nfhr.com/ponyweb/ponyweb.cgi?horse=100328&HorseName=reinard&Page=
>1&Sort=0 > >She's been just a wonderful mare. >Jane
scanning & cleaning.