This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a question for the list:
Are any of you experiencing a problem in your areas with a lack of Large
Animal
Veterinarians?
I live in Southern California, about an hour and a half from Los Angeles,
north east.
We are having a terrible time getting veterinarians to come and locate out
here.
My veterinarian retired in December and that leaves two veterinarians for
about 15000 horses, plus other large animals.
And one of those veterinarians, does not make housecall any more and we would
have to bring the horses to his place, which is about an hours drive away.
The nearest equine hospital is also about an hour's drive away, so we are all
really concerned.
But my vet who retired said that the problem is that of the graduating
classes, there are about 80% women, and they do not want to go into large
animal
veterinary practices.    They mostly do small animal practices.
I have no idea what to do if we have an emergency here.  And it is to the
point that we are wondering if we need to move to another area, but are the
problems the same there???
Thanks for any information you might have.

Rondi Tyler.
Pinon Hills, Calif.