This message is from: "jerrell friz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> is there a wormer out there that is considered less toxic than the
standards,

Answering Laurie's question.   there sure is,  Called" Herbal Tonic", by
Dynamite , you can go to  www.dynamiteonline.com  look in horse products..
I use  it every two months on my dogs, cats, horses.  I have a 22 year old
Aussie[  yup!  22,],, hard to believe.   Never been vaccinated.

  There are only a few wormers that will kill the tapeworm.  One is
Equimax,  I use this one when I have to,,I too,, try not to use a product
with ivermectin in it.  I do NOT use any product by FORT DODGE !!!

Also Pfizer has a cd-rom  [free] called the parasite puzzle [got mine at
the local feed store]. I  HIGHLY recommend viewing this, it addresses the
tapeworm,    now that new research is out on the tapeworm.  A  former
client of mine lost her mare from tapes, she paid over 8k in vet. bills.
My daughter was lucky, she still has her gelding, but, after 10k in vet.
bills, again,, suspect,,, tapeworms.   The only way to diagnose tapes is
with a new blood test. Eggs are carried through a host mite in the grass.

I suspect that the tapeworms  cause ulcers deep down in the digestive
system,  this is where ivermectin can get into the blood.

Hope this helps,
Jerry Friz, Anderson, Ca.