This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Another idea to consider...

Does the salt or mineral blend you feed as a free-choice supplement have
molasses or any other sweetener in it? If so, replace it ASAP with a
totally unsweetened salt & mineral supplement and see if that helps.

Two of my horses will overeat any type of sweetened salt/mineral blend
if it's offered free choice. They get really runny from the excess salt
they're ingesting. When it finally dawned on me what was going on, I
replaced the sweet mineral with an unsweetened mineral blend and the
loose stools stopped overnight.

The local feed guy argued with me that if the horses ate a lot of a
mineral supplement, "they must need it." I told him that if the mineral
was UNSWEETENED, I might agree, but giving free-choice sweetened mineral
to my crew was like giving a kid free run of a candy store.

DeeAnna