This message is from: Tamara Rousso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at 05:26 AM, Paulaj Steinmetz wrote:

 Being aware of what is going on in
their environment - as well as our own - is the key for "peaceful"
co-existence with the wild ones!

That is an excellent point. Because of the wild fires in California last fall the coyote population was driven further into the metro areas. We have coyotes year round, but this is the first time we have had them successfully sneak past 3 llamas and two dogs to get their prey. Moral of story: if they are hungry because of environmental conditions there may not be any "peaceful" about it.

Tamara Rousso
Fallbrook CA

www.algedifarm.com