This message is from: "Dave and Patti Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just have to write in and tell of my experiences at our Local Open Horse Show.
I'm a member of the Branch River Riders and we had our 40th Annual horse show.
That in itself is a LOT, 40 yrs and 40 horse show!  BUT anyway I decided I
wanted to push myself and my horse, O.H. Silas.  We've been jumping the
2'6"-2'9" jumps for one year.  (this is our 3rd year jumping)  Well I really
wanted to do the 2'6" - 3'3" jumps at the show.  I knew i could not go in as
many as I would like as Si gets tired.  So, I picked four classes;
 2'6, 2'9", 3ft and 3'3".
We came home with 1st, 3rd, 5th and 2nd respectively.  There were two classes
with rider error. One I got left behind and lost one stirrup, decided I didn't
really want to jump the 3ft jump coming up, with only one stirrup and I could
not get it, so I pulled him out of the line and  down to a trot to picked it
up.  Came around and we were fine, but that cost me-rider error.  Another
class we really had a nice ride but I was unhappy with one line and I know I
shook my head in disapproval.  I suppose the judge saw that and thought I did
more wrong, I'm not sure but I know we had a nice class but we ended up with
3rd and well personally I though we were better than the other two in front of
us. Our 3'3" class was VERY hard for him, he really tried HARD but that is a
tall fence for him, we knocked down two or three poles I believe.  I was
thrilled that he did NOT refuse, did NOT run out and he tried tried tried his
hardest.  It's just gonna take some time to get a real good idea for him how
to jump them.  What a boy though.  The judge told me afterward how much she
loved how he jumps and how she just loved his stride, so steady and smooth.
:-)))  We had 9 to 5 riders, not huge the lower classes were very full with
12+ in them, but everyone seems nervous with the bigger jumps. They should
just ride Fjords they are FUN to jump, very steady!!!  One very Proud Fjord
owner.   There was a professional photographer at the jump, you can check us
out in a couple days at www.critterclicks.com

Patti Jo Walter
Francis Creek Fjords
Two Rivers WI