This message is from: "Carol J. Makosky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

ruth bushnell wrote:They discovered that horses housed indoors had FOUR times the risk of

respiratory infections compared with those kept outdoors exclusively. Of
course ventilation may have been the major role over temperature. This
article is found in the FJ Herald summer 98 issue.

Hi,

I know that Fjords aren't cows, but more like pigs ;-) . Anyway, I remember longtime farm friends of ours always said that their dairy herd was 100% more healthy when kept outside. I always have to remind my husband, the non-horse person, that Heidi is an outdoor animal. If he had his way, she would be brought in the house in bad weather. I've been tempted to do that too , right through the lower level patio door and take a few pictures just for laughs.
--
Built Fjord Tough
Carol M.