This message is from: "B. Hendricks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jean:

I'll write to Phil and get a copy of his article. The last seven years have
been real hectic for me and I've missed out on a lot. I have both of his
books, and while I've "nosed" through them, haven't had a chance to sit down
and just read.

I'm interested also in asking Phil some other questions that come to mind
regarding the duns in the Fjord breed, and what is found in others, as the
white or lighter hair fringe on the mane and tail is absent in many other
cases, i.e., Quarter Horse, Konik (which is almost always grullo) and etc. I
see some differences in the dun horses in the Akhal-Teke breed too, as they
have the dorsal stripe but don't seem to have the barring on the legs.

Interesting things to ponder!

Bonnie
P.S. I don't know that I would term any dun a "true dun" and another not a
"true dun." To me, a dun is a dun, and they come in lots of shades and
variations. A buckskin, however, without the stripes, is not a dun in the
sense that the label is used, though it is certainly dun in color. Ha -
how's that for making sense?

Monthly Horse articles, Horse Portraits, Oil Paintings, Prints, Books
http://www.hendricksgallery.com
What's a Cerbat Horse? Check it out at the site below
http://members.xoom.com/BHendricks/Gallery1.html