This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Jean-

Thanks! Yes, everyone has warned me of the need for "Fjord Weight Watchers".
LOL. I will keep a close eye, and alternate paddock & pasture if needed.
There are dirt-floored (translation: mud) paddocks and other types of housing
on the property.

About training, I am taking my time with these two. They have been ridden
some, and driven plenty, but they are a little out of shape at the moment.
They look great, but need to get back in "cardiovascular" shape for riding
since they had 6 months off. Playing in the snow doesn't count : ) Honestly,
I am glad they have been lightly used. This means more time and patience with
the goal of trail riding, but I prefer it to horses who have had the life
kicked, whipped, and longed out of them by trainers, owners, and riders who
don't know any better.

So, any advice on gentling and training is welcome. I prefer to use the
traditional hackamore (jaquima con bosal). Any info or hyperlinks appreciated.

Brigid