This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Juliane Deubner)

Hi Brigid
We do a bit of trail riding with our fjords and the ground here can be
rocky, even though some of it is quite sandy. And we don't go riding every
day. Our horses go barefoot. My older mare wears down her front feet more
quickly, and then I just ride her with a pair of Easyboots for a while.
Once you have your horse shod for a while, the quality of the feet really
deteriorates - that's why I am trying to avoid shoeing as much as I can.
But if you ride a lot on hard ground shoeing might be a good idea.
Juliane, Saskatoon, Canada  - it's snowing today....