This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Brian--

Friday, Friday, November 13, 1998, you wrote:

> So to me, and I think it would be hard to argue, this last method,
> or laying them down with anesthetics, is the most humane.

  When Tank was gelded, our veterinarian laid him down in the nice
  grassy back yard of the stable owner's house. After the procedure,
  he rolled up with his feet under him but still lying down. As he
  became more conscious he realized he was lying right in the middle
  of a lush patch of grass and clover. He immediately dropped his
  muzzle and began to eat, not stopping until he had cleared
  everything he could reach without moving. Then he got up and
  continued eating. Our vet said she had never seen anything like that
  before. Of course, he was her first Norwegian Eating Machine.

--
Steve McIlree & Cynthia Madden -- Pferd, Keyah, Skipper, Tank -- Omaha,
Nebraska, USA