This message is from: Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fiona wrote:

>   i have a friend in scotland ,a highland
>   breeder her horses are mostly dunn like
>   fjords ,  fjords were used on the
>  highland stud book

I was looking at the Highland Ponies on the web the other day and was
surprised at how much they looked like our Fjords - like a
Connmara/Fjord cross.  They look much closer related to the Fjord than
the Icelandic.  They are about the same size and they are also used in
heavy work.  They are the quintessential large Scottish pony carrying
the deer down out of the hills.  There was a letter at a web site that
stated that this person was impressed that the Highland came in so many
colors, unlike another breed he was looking at - I assume that other
breed he was talking about was the Fjord.  I haven't a clue what their
personality is like so I'd love to hear a report from any one who gets
to meet them.  What breeds are the Fjords biggest competitors - the
Highland, Fell, Connemara and the Welsh Cob?????  Icelandics and Fjords
are too different, although surely related, I don't think they would
appeal to the same people very often.

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~  Dorina  ~  NFR Aagot  .~:~.  Fjords
~  Caper  ~  Carly  ~  Crickett  .~:~. Labradors