This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 12:26 PM 2/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Again, great post!  I agree with you 100%, BUT, people DO think "sport"
versus "draft".  Nine times out of ten, one of the first questions we are
asked by a potential buyer is if we have "sport" or "draft" Norwegian Fjords.

Well maybe try saying "Yes" for your answer. Since the terms mean different things to different people I think that would be an appropriate answer. Or maybe "No" would be a better one. Followed with a line something like "We have Norwegian Fjords - The all purpose horse"

 Are we, the Norwegian Fjord people, putting this misconception out to the
general public, ourselves?

I don't know where else it would be coming from.

<Then maybe the white line analogy is flawed.  Don't try to find that "Ideal
Fjord" on the line and think that it is the only one that is any
good.  That "Ideal" is different things to different people. >

Could this not apply to evaluators, themselves?   If so, how does that affect
the future of the Norwegian Fjord?

Well they are still here after I don't know how many generations of Norwegians & other European countries have been evaluating them so I don't really think so myself. As to it applying to Evaluators - well I can only say that they are human just line all of the rest of us (I think we are all human - no one is letting their Fjords read this are they?). As humans we are not perfect but then what is?

I have to agree with Catherine, we also have a broad range of sizes on our
farm, and love each and every one of them.  They are ALL Norwegian Fjords.

That is exactly right.

Mike